Please note that we are not currently offering daytime birthday parties, those will resume in 2018 after our new, unified museum building has opened. In the meantime, please consider an evening private rental, information is below.
If your child loves to explore, experiment, and play, a birthday party at The Discovery Museums is the perfect way to mark the occasion. Party guests can explore the museum and Discovery Woods, our outdoor and fully-accessible nature playscape and 550-square foot treehouse! Discovery Woods is open year-round.
Make your child's party an unforgettable event!
- Unlimited time to explore the museum and Discovery Woods for up to 30 people (a maximum of 18 children; larger groups should consider a private rental)
- 45 minutes in our party room
- Museum staff to assist you in the party room
- "Draw on me" table covers and crayons
- Download and print your invitation
Add a Party Activity!
- Add an additional activity to your party!
- Spend an additional 30 minutes in the party room.
- Museum staff will run the activity.
- Museum members receive a 20% discount off activities
Party Gift Bags
Due to construction and renovation happening in our Science Discovery Museum, which housed our main Discovery Store, we are currently not able to offer our party gift bag service. Please check back in December when our new, unified museum opens with a new, larger, Discovery Store.
Booking or more information on parties
Fill out our Party or Rental Booking Request form and our Scheduling Manager Kathie Watt will contact you to set up a date for your party.
Celebrate a special occasion, school family night, or company event with an after-hours rental. We provide experienced staff to make your event go smoothly, and distinctive spaces to make it memorable.
Facility Rental at a Glance
- Rent the Children's Discovery Museum (Science Discovery Museum is closed until early 2018 for expansion and renovation)
- Add Discovery Woods to your rental for an additional fee.
- Available Tuesday through Sunday
- Easily accessible from major highways
- Parking for up to 120 cars
- Catered events are welcome
Children's Discovery Museum
- Hands-on exhibits for toddlers and preschoolers
- 3,500 sq. ft. on three floors
- Classic Victorian-style house
- Limited space for food set-up
- Accommodations for up to 80 guests
- Minimum rental: 2 hours
- Rental times: 5:30 PM to 11:00 PM
- Partially accessible on the first floor only
Science Discovery Museum -- CLOSED for renovation and expansion until early 2018
Optional Add-on: Discovery Woods
- Inclusive and fully-accessible nature playscape and treehouse
- 550-square foot treehouse
- Accessible exhibits including woodland nook, nest swing, beaver huts, cargo climbing net, rain garden, gravel pit, and more
- Available for use during daylight hours only
- No food or drink is allowed in Discovery Woods or the treehouse.
Catering & Alcohol
- We are happy to provide a list of museum-approved caterers.
- Alcohol may be served at evening events with an insurance rider or by using an insured bartender.
- A copy of the insurance rider must be given to The Discovery Museums prior to the event.
- An additional custodial fee will be applied to all catered parties or if alchohol is served.
* NOTE: Discovery Woods cannot be used after dusk, and no food or drink are allowed.
Booking or More Information
Fill out our Party or Rental Booking Request form and our Scheduling Manager Kathie Watt will contact you to set up a date for your event.