Traveling Science Workshops
Traveling Science Workshops: Sparking Discovery in the Classroom
Our Traveling Science Workshops program has been going strong for more than 23 years, served more than 28,500 students this year, and enjoys an 91% loyalty rate. It is a classroom-based--not auditorium-based--set of more than 20 hands-on workshops that get students excited about science and help teachers expand their science teaching skills. Dynamic educators excite curiosity and a passion for science, technology and engineering with fun, hands-on discovery. The program is convenient, affordable and rich with curriculum connections.
Watch the brief video below to see our Traveling Science Workshops in action, and learn why teachers, PTO parents and principals see it as such an important complement to their school's curriculum. And, why students think it makes science fun!
The Discovery Museums' Traveling Science Workshops offer:
- Enhancement to your curriculum that supports current MA Science Curriculum Frameworks and the new draft Science, Technology, and Engineering standards
- Active learning experiences that reinforce student practice of science and engineering: observing, questioning, investigating, problem solving, providing evidence, and discussing their findings
- Highly skilled, dynamic STEM educators
- Fun hands-on programs that engage all ages, abilities, and learning styles
- Connections to real-world applications
- Novel, memorable learning moments that teachers and students can build upon
- Affordability and convenience
- More than 20 years of sparking discovery in classrooms throughout New England
Click here to see all workshop descriptions and fees.
Click here to download our Traveling Science Workshops brochure.
Click to see a short slideshow on boston.com of Waltham school children being wowed during our Physical Changes of Matter and Magnets workshops!
To book your Traveling Science Worskhop, please email Jill Foster.
photos (c) 2015 Jill LeGrow
Package Deals Offer Big Savings!
Booking a field trip to our museum in combination with a Traveling Science Workshop saves you and your school 20% on the field trip and 20% on your workshop! Learn more.
The draft of the Massachusetts Science, Technology and Engineering curriculum promotes students’ active engagement with the practices of science and engineering. Throughout the draft, students are asked to observe, raise questions, investigate, problem solve, give evidence, and discuss. For 22 years, students have been doing just that in our Traveling Science Workshops with great success and a lot of enjoyment.
All of our topics support the current Massachusetts Science Curriculum Frameworks. Many of our existing topics directly align with the new draft standards as well, and some topics are being modified for an even stronger alignment. In addition, as the state moves towards adoption of the new standards, we will be developing new topics such as Forces, Land Forms, and Light and Shadow. If any of your favorite topics do not seem to fit your current needs, let us know. We may have made changes that will better help you meet requirements or we may be able to introduce you to a “new to you” topic. The Discovery Museums are committed to helping educators provide fun, hands-on science and engineering programs for all of their students.
and Advanced Micro Devices